Friday, October 30, 2009

Blood Moon Rising pt V

It doesn't take me long to discover where I'll be spending the night, somewhere safe, somewhere that will mask my scent, I like the fact that it's close by too, a kind of irony in the adage about keeping you enemies closer...


Mausley Emergency Room presents itself, bright and neon in the night, I see from the street that even at this hour the waiting room is heaving with bodies.. How to get in, get to the cold storage but give myself a couple of thrills along the way?

I head down the street, find a few side alleys, get into the dirtier side of town, there's my man, I could see him before I could smell him which is unusual but then he is wearing a green suit, thinks he looks sharp, pushing one of his working girls around “Don't you go holding money out on me bitch” is what I catch as she cowers back, he gripping her wrist in his left hand and drawing back the right for another pop. She is dressed lazily, raincoat over lingerie, high heels, stockings, just like every other hooker I lay eyes on. Her eyes are wide, fearful, she knows what's coming, a beating then back to work, relentless, the story of her nights.

He smells perfect to me, the musk of sex, the high sweet of scent of cheap drugs and liquor and underneath it, cordite, metal and oil, that's the smell I'm looking for.

I lope up and present him with a new target, stepping between the too of them, she doesn't look like she's going to thank me for it, probably realises it will only get worse if some jerk tries to be her knight in shining armour.

“Get the fuck out of my face dick” he spits the words over me “this ain't your business and you don't want it to be” he talks tough and I can sense he's ready to back up his words with action, his girl, now free of his grip, is backing off across the street, it's like a slow motion scene from a B western movie. I shoot her a glance over my shoulder, she catches my eyes, probably to implore me to let it go, in that moment she is mine, the mesmer has her, her shoulders drop and she stops moving, oblivious to anything but my will.

“try me” two words, softly spoken to my aggressor, no hint of menace, no steel or weight behind them, I don't need there to be any, I want him to try me..

He goes for his gun as I leap up to his throat, he's a good 6 inches taller than me so I'm climbing up his chest, my fangs out, hunting for flesh, I don't want this to be clean, no neat puncture marks this time. His right hand pulls the pistol from it's holster under his shoulder, we are way too close for him to do much more than pull the trigger and hope it hits me and not him.

My right hand is on his wrist, I'm aiming his gun into my chest for him, wide left, wide right, I don't need a bullet through the heart, not tonight at least, my left arm is over his shoulder as my fangs are ripping his throat out, bathing me in his hot blood, his colour is draining fast as his finger squeezes down on the trigger.

BAMPH, I'm almost thrown off him by the weight of the bullet ripping into my chest, my left arm holds fast to his back, I can feel his legs going, BAMPH, BAMPH “FUUUCKK that smarts you bastaaard” I am screaming into his face as I let his life blood wash over me, BAMPF BAMPH BAMPH, six holes in me now, small, sphincter like at the front, puckered and raw. At the back it is just gorey, gaping exits, my blood colouring my back as his is the front of me. Beautiful.

He drops in my arms, the gun clattering to the pavement, I reach into his pocket and pull out a roll of notes, peel off five hundreds and press them into my new toy's hand. “Get some decent clothes on and rent adjoining rooms at the Marriott, don't talk to anyone that you don't need to” She turns as if released from a straitjacket and walks off into the night.

I put my best “I've just been shot 6 times” face on and burst through the doors of the ER dept, I stagger to my knees, let a mouthful of blood fall to my already crimson shirt and then fall flat on my face.

People are screaming around me, running to help, running to hide, covering their faces, I love making an entrance. Orderlies get me on a trolley and are rushing me through to a cubicle, I'm convulsing, forcing blood out of myself through every hole I can find, fuck I love my life, they are being cool and efficient on the surface but I can smell the anxiety as they try so hard to save me...

I flat line almost as soon as they have me attached to the monitor, I let them try defib, it's like wiring your balls up to a light switch, painful but with that itch of pleasure running through it, you want it again but know it'll never get you off.

After battling valiantly with such a hopeless case they give up on me and I'm being wheeled down to the dead rooms, the charnel house, the sharp disinfectant smell blocking everything else, even I couldn't find me by scent down here! The bitter cold wraps around me like a blanket. They sign me over to some schmo on duty and he gets on with cleaning me up and stowing me away, John Doe tag around my toe. Maybe I'll think about what presses his buttons if he is still there when I decide to wake up, time to sleep....

No comments:

Post a Comment