Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Blood Moon Rising pt II by Vampira

The wrought iron benches glistened in the waning moonlight, illuminating the single leaf let loose from the overhanging tree. I would sit here for a moment; I always did.

Claws retreating, I felt relaxed under the glow of the red beams. I had left my stockings in the apartment, my last pair of Berkshire Lace. That was just another reason to go back. But not now, Jack would be in the throes of wailing, oozing pus and swelling up. I did not wish to see him in this state, only amorous, supine and willing.

He wanted a car, a red ‘machine’ he called it, and he promised to make the night memorable – and he had. He had yield his mortal body to my constrained appetite going beyond what any other human ever had, earning his car and ensuring other goodies later on. When I caressed his neck, I sensed in him a need, an utter willingness to be taken - how come, for the umpteenth time I thought, how come they couldn’t all be like him?

The moons red glare shifted across my naked legs, I could feel the breeze brush my short hem slightly and creep along my parted legs. Just one more minute, hell 5, I wanted to lounge in my favorite spot. The wrought iron benches had been a major selling point, and the over hanging tree made it perfect. The second selling point was its proximity to food; a trauma hospital and two large graveyards with one of them belonging to me. There were more things to be had than Jack in his gothic jungle and the availability of food, but I’m happy with what I got.

It was time to leave, my legs had become antsy and more leaves were falling from the tree, signifying a cold blistering night. I looked up in the window and I could see the built of Jack playing against the shadows of the sheers. He knew me well. I blew his silhouette a kiss and hurried into the night.

As luck would have it, my graveyard seemed bare of its usual traffic; they too indulged in the bounty across the way. I stood, perfectly still, statue like, and I listened to the low hum of the earth. I could feel its cadence, like a drum beat, the rhythm, like a slur. All is well.

Across the sky, blood patched everything under the moons’ glow. Hidden in the shadows, the food chain shifted and transformed with the light, making capture tedious. Vampires, if seen, were often a lighter colored mist before evaporating, other creatures blended in as lines and curves. Humans were simply targets. I flew freely in the air, piercing it rather than parting. My body, as a compass, automatically guided me towards the source of food on cruise control, for the most part - I was in it for the ride. But I loved flying, it was one of my simpler pleasures, and as I bee-lined towards the battle grounds, I began to pick up a wealth of discord. This was nothing unusual on this side of town; we all had to live together. I shook off the sensation of sizzling, being watched, a current - I would be careful. I always am.

The night rolled out like an action movie with me needing to feed and fulfilling those desires easily. I chose my victims carefully, bit swiftly with little ado and drank deeply stopping just before they lost consciousness. In this manner, it was better to take out a group of 2 or 3, and be done with it, but one couldn’t always tell what kind of night they would have.

I was with my last mortal, a favorite, and all this time, he still didn’t expect me. Juan Pritchard, lay naked, face down in the bed – I had to shut his mind off, and in the end make him forget, because he was a fighter. I straddled him and placed my hand in the middle of his back, pushing him into the down comforter, pushing him until he heaved a soft purr, pushing blood up to his neck. I could feel my body tingling slightly, electricity, there was no mistaking it.

… and I let the electricity touch me, it slow-boiled my blood, rippled gently in my belly. I rocked with it. My handprint seared Pritchards’ back causing it to whiten around its circumference, his jugular was engorged. I could still smell his waking fear; I could feel my body sweat as the electricity flittered across my nipples like raw wire. Feeding became a heightened need, NOW! Yet, my body was inert … this gave me pause. And then it was gone, too quick, but it was gone.

I tore into Pritchard’s neck, falling flat against his hard body, I listened to his heart thud and I sucked blood through the gaping hole. This was the last time that he would serve my need.

I needed to get back to Jack.

As soon as I landed upon the bench, I knew something was wrong, in-fact, it was before that. I looked quickly up at the window, saw nothing and bounded up the stairs by twos - I almost went threw the outer door before taking out my keys.

I could smell death as it hurled its way down the stairs to me. I met it. This time I went under the door as mist.

I ended up on the balcony by the time it was over with. Having nearly healed from the wounds I inflicted, Jack sprawled beautifully, except for the obvious hole in his chest. His eyes said nothing, stared nowhere, the color of Levis. I sat perched on the ledge like a gargoyle; the events that led up to my being here now, ruminated. There really wasn’t anything, nothing I could sink my teeth into. That was funny, I didn’t smile. Someone would have to pay, simply put. Damn, two good humans in one night. I’m sure Jack thought of me as his bloody body bid farewell – I would’ve liked to have seen that.

No comments:

Post a Comment