Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Blood Moon Rising pt III


Before I slip secretly into the night I need to ensure that there is no ambiguity, you must understand that Jack was not some act of random violence, but a message. I'm anything but subtle and I have a delicious idea.

Casing the trendy bars and clubs on East side I spot my target, pretty little thing, almost ethereal, long tousled hair slipping over her eyes and one of those gossamer dresses under a Steve McQueen leather jacket, how very chic.

Even before I stepped up to her she was smiling at me, I'm just her type, she's a prom queen pretending to be a rock chick looking for a bit of rough before running home to daddy. I'm looking as rough as they come, ripped jeans, once white t, unkempt and unshaven, going for the wolverine look that they all love right now, poor kid didn't stand a chance, especially once I'd given her my lupine smile and fixed her with my mesmerising eyes.

Hailing a cab I dragged her in the back with me and slipped the driver a crumpled 100, "Pleasant View memorial gardens, no questions" fixing his eyes ahead my man pushed his foot to the floor and sped us into the night, she giggled and cooed and I nibbled her neck, never knew what hit her as I extended my upper fangs and punctured her pretty white skin. I love all the flavours you get, the stories they tell you, whether it’s a dusty old fart note from an octogenarian or the pestilential bile of a disease riddled bum, hers was sweet, sweet and light, I knew it when I first scented her, dancing on my tongue like motes of light, still a bit of innocence and hope in there, gutsy, warm and adventurous, those were the emotions that hit me as I took a deep draught of her, I could feel her excitement on my tongue. I let the crimson trickle down and pool in the dip by her collar bone...

Dragging her from the cab at the gates, she stumbles, in the throes of the torpor, I point her toward your favoured bench "just go and sit there sweetheart, someone will be along for you in a spell", I thrust a playing card into her hand as she walks off, puncturing the middle of it with the elongated nail on my pinkie. The face of the card flashes at me in the moonlight as she walks away... Jack of Hearts

I turn and jog into the gloom, time to find a place to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment